Episode 122 - THE ACTRESS

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 18
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

Fun With Captions Level 2 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022 Fun with Captions Level 1
More Fun With 2's Happy 14th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter X Mike Landon Birthday 2021
September Song 2021 Don't Blink 1,000 Posts Group Member
Christmas 2020 Escape To Ponderosa PODs 100 Posts

View all badges

Re: Episode 122 - THE ACTRESS

Post by Oxgirl »

Partisan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Oxgirl wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 am
Partisan wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:24 pm I feel sad about all these comments about Julia. I just can't help thinking that if they'd REALLY loved each other, one of them would have given way. Julia's no more to blame than Joe. Why should she have to be the one to change? It was just sad they couldn't get it together. When she said she knew she'd loved him from the first moment she saw him, I wondered, was that before or after she hit with the whip?
I found their parting very moving. :thumbup
This is one of the episodes where he's at his most irresistible. When he first meets her and picks himself off the ground, oh God, those are screenshot moments! I keep thinking, "How can one person be that GORGEOUS!!
Talk about screenshot moments:
act.JPG
act.JPG (34.15 KiB) Viewed 1075 times

act2.JPG
act2.JPG (22.3 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:09 am
Partisan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Oxgirl wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 am

I found their parting very moving. :thumbup
This is one of the episodes where he's at his most irresistible. When he first meets her and picks himself off the ground, oh God, those are screenshot moments! I keep thinking, "How can one person be that GORGEOUS!!
Talk about screenshot moments:
act.JPG
act2.JPG
OMG, Oxgirl - that bottom one!! I just swooned, but I haven't got any smelling salts! Fortunately I'm sitting - if I'd been stood up I'd be on the floor by now! MIKE, MIKE, COME BACK!!!
"OH, YOU THREE HUNDRED POUND ROBIN!" Joe to Hoss - "The Ponderosa Birdman".
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Comstock wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 pm
flabirder wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pmMichael didn't like the fact that he was shorter than the others, so he wore lifts in his boots & the older Joe got, the higher the lifts got. This is what Ponderosa Scenery says about his height.

Height: 5' 8"
Height in Costume (1959-61): 5' 9-1/2"
Height in Costume (1961-73): 6' 1/2"
Yes, I read this too and we can see, that he gets taller. I prefer him in his natural size. Here where I live we use centimeters, I have to check out, how tall he really was, but he wasn't very small, he had a normal size, I think.
Was he only 5 8? I read 5 9 and he himself said he was 5 11 - but he could have been exaggerating! I know he was usually shorter than the men, and nearly always taller than the women. There was only one woman who was taller - Bessie Sue!
Comstock
Drover
Drover
Badges: 24
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All the 4, but most Hoss, Adam

Thanksgiving Puzzler 2022 Time For A Comm'l Break 2022 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022
Don't Blink GameNight #15 (2022) ~ Level 1 1,000 Posts Guess the Guest Star # 4~ 2022
BINGO Participant Summer 2022 BINGO T Summer 2022 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2022 More Fun With 2's
PODs Spare VDay BINGO 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Gutterball VDay BINGO 2022

View all badges

Post by Comstock »

Partisan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:01 am Was he only 5 8? I read 5 9 and he himself said he was 5 11 - but he could have been exaggerating! I know he was usually shorter than the men, and nearly always taller than the women. There was only one woman who was taller - Bessie Sue!
I don't know how many centimeters it is, I tried to find it out, but I'm not sure. I'm not a tal woman for me his size is ok. I think he really has a normal size and it doesn't matter if he is is a bit smaller than the other actors.
Joe and Adam to Hoss: Was she or wasn't she what? (The Magnificent Adah)
Hoss to Ben: But Pa, she is an actress. (The Magnificent Adah)
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Comstock wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:10 pm
Partisan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:01 am Was he only 5 8? I read 5 9 and he himself said he was 5 11 - but he could have been exaggerating! I know he was usually shorter than the men, and nearly always taller than the women. There was only one woman who was taller - Bessie Sue!
I don't know how many centimeters it is, I tried to find it out, but I'm not sure. I'm not a tal woman for me his size is ok. I think he really has a normal size and it doesn't matter if he is is a bit smaller than the other actors.
5 8 = 172/3 cm
5 11 = 180 cm
:)
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover

Fun With Captions Level 2 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022 Fun with Captions Level 1
More Fun With 2's Happy 14th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter X Mike Landon Birthday 2021

View all badges

Post by Oxgirl »

A fair bit to like in this ep, some very cute stuff. Too much singing for my liking, although I did quite like her performances but one would have been enough for me. I quite liked her, but they certainly weren't a good match for each other, I dont think. :no
I enjoyed Hoss worrying about fighting without his hat, that was cute. :laughing
Poor kid having to pack and unpack, although I suppose he must be used to it.
There's a part where they are having a serious chat about her and Joe says he's in love with her. Well, at one point PR is having trouble stifling giggles, I think. Hoss (DB) takes a particularly loud crunch on his apple and you can see PR sort of jolt like he's trying not to laugh, he sort of smiles and then looks away! :laughing
b.JPG
b.JPG (49.23 KiB) Viewed 312 times
You can't really see it in this still, but I was mightily impressed by their horseshoe playing! Very acurate! I couldn't see how it could have been faked, so they must have both been very good at it. I've noticed this in other eps too, maybe they spent a lot of time practising! :ohmy
c.JPG
c.JPG (44.54 KiB) Viewed 312 times
She flashed her pants at everyone in the show at one point! Most unladylike! :ohmy
d.JPG
d.JPG (32.75 KiB) Viewed 312 times
I liked it when Hoss put up his hand to hold Joe back as he moved towards her during her song, was very cute and then Joe (or ML) was laughing.
a.JPG
a.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Lovely finishing shot, but I wish they didn't fade it so quick, as they cut the bit where Ben grabs Joe's neck and pulls him forward and he laughs, that would have been cute to see more clearly! :mad
e.JPG
e.JPG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Last edited by Oxgirl on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy60
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 222
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Thanksgiving Puzzler 2022 Mike Landon Birthday 2022 Break The Record Level 2 GameNight #15 (2022) ~ Level 1
Guess the Guest Star # 4~ 2022 Fun With Captions Level 3 Welcome Home 2022 BINGO Participant Summer 2022
BINGO Gutterball Summer 2022 30,000 Posts Laundry 2022 Oscar Chat 2022
St. Patrick's Day Limerick '22 More Fun With 2's Lorne Greene Birthday 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022

View all badges

Post by daisy60 »

There's no way Joe and Julia could have made it as a couple. :no That's funny about Pernell getting the giggly-smirks when Joe claims to be in love with Julia. I'm usually watching Joe so I tend to miss what everyone else is doing. Horseshoes was played for many years, probably as long as we've had horses. My dad always played at picnics. The guys probably played sometimes also. :thumbup :whistling
Comstock
Drover
Drover
Badges: 24
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All the 4, but most Hoss, Adam

Thanksgiving Puzzler 2022 Time For A Comm'l Break 2022 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022
Don't Blink GameNight #15 (2022) ~ Level 1 1,000 Posts Guess the Guest Star # 4~ 2022
BINGO Participant Summer 2022 BINGO T Summer 2022 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2022 More Fun With 2's
PODs Spare VDay BINGO 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Gutterball VDay BINGO 2022

View all badges

Post by Comstock »

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:27 pm There's a part where they are having a serious chat about her and Joe says he's in love with her. Well, at one point PR is having trouble stifling giggles, I think. Hoss (DB) takes a particularly loud crunch on his apple and you can see PR sort of jolt like he's trying not to laugh, he sort of smiles and then looks away! :laughing
Interesting, I have to watch this again. :laughing Sometimes, it must have been difficult for the actors to pull themselves together and not start to laugh.
Joe and Adam to Hoss: Was she or wasn't she what? (The Magnificent Adah)
Hoss to Ben: But Pa, she is an actress. (The Magnificent Adah)
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by Oxgirl »

Comstock wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:56 am Interesting, I have to watch this again. :laughing Sometimes, it must have been difficult for the actors to pull themselves together and not start to laugh.
It made me think that DB was crunching his apple very loudly on purpose to make people laugh or to put people off! :laughing

Return to “Season 4”