Ah yes, I remember it well!

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
BIG JOHN
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Ah yes, I remember it well!

Post by BIG JOHN »

Hey one and all! I'm brand new to this gig so I'm not sure what the general age group of this forum is, but I come from the land of yester-year when BONANZA was the king of the airwaves, and where school kids like me couldn't wait for Sunday nights to roll around so I could re-join the coolest TV family in history. The first thing I hoped to learn from y'all was when future seasons of the show might be "officially" released on DVD---NOT THRILLED with what I've learned so far. Why is it, that all seasons of such offbeat cult shows like "lost" and "heroes" are available, but not one of the greatest tv shows in history!!? So I've got season one, and now I'm reading that season two won't be released until the end of 2011--why? At this rate, those of us who actually grew up with the series won't live long enough to see all 14 seasons enter the arena!! Perhaps some of you younger people out there may have more clout with the big production studios and can light a fire under them to get this 431-herd out of the gate and onto the track!!
Hope to talk more with you--BIG JOHN
ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 195
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24
Holiday Participation 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Snail VDay BINGO 2022 Fun With 2's
Happy 14th Anniversary Merry Christmas 2021 Game Night 2021 Level 1 Tried and True
BINGO Spare Summer 2021 BINGO Participant Summer 2021 BINGO L Spring/Summer 2021 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2021

View all badges

It’s my birthday

Re: Ah yes, I remember it well!

Post by ellie »

Hi Big John,

:welcome
Most of us on the board have been holding 29 for a long time now!
I agree with you about the garbage that's being released nowadays while the classics - that don't rely on one-liners, cuss words and sex, languish in a vault somewhere. Let's introduce the younger generation to DRAMA, not special effects.
Dori
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 346

Forum Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Valentine's Day Card Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Gutterball
BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 BINGO L Spring 2023 St. Patrick's Day Art 2023
Clean Up The Kitchen BINGO Participant Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Post by Dori »

:welcome to Boomers Big John. Actually it is posted that season 2 will be released December 7, 2010. Hopefully they won't wait so long for the rest of the seasons.
mysterygirl
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 73

Group Member Meet & Greet chat Pernell’s Birthday 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2011
Chat badge Fun. Chat Badge Fun Stuffed in chat Meet & Greet chat
Recipe Challenge Dan blocker's Birthday 2010 Red White & blue Holiday Decorations 2010
Thanksgiving 2010 Easter/Passover Thanksgiving  2011 Summer 2011

View all badges

Post by mysterygirl »

:welcome Big John. Hope you have a good time here. Lots of great information on a great show and, even better, lots of great folks. :yes
Sandy
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Former Forum Host 100 Posts Pernell’s Birthday 2009 Sadie Hawkins Day 2010
Break the record (expired) SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2009 Meet and greet chat Meet and greet chat
Meet & Greet chat Lorne Greene's Birthday 2010 Pernell’s Birthday 2010 That's Who???
Dan Blocker Birthday 2009 Dan blocker's Birthday 2010 Michael Landon's Birthday 2009 Surprise

View all badges

Post by Sandy »

:howdy2 Big John. Welcome to Boomers. The first 7 seasons are available from Amazon Germany; the quality is quite good, although I understand the officially released ones are better, though of course they could be a long time coming!!
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by January »

:welcome to Bonanza Boomers BIG JOHN.

We all feel your pain. :laughing We want those beautiful, digitally remastered 'official' all seasons episodes as much as you do! I hope it's a small comfort knowing that the 2nd season date is a year earlier than you originally thought! Take comfort in that. :laughing

Hopefully at one point somebody ... somewhere will say "OK, let's get all the seasons out at once". :laughing

But, until then ... we're lucky to have TV Land. Without them we'd never stand a chance of getting a new generation of Bonanza fans. :thumbup
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
Becky
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 12

Group Member 100 Posts Referral Badge So You Think You Know Bonanza
Hidden Treasures Valentine Road Trip Survivor Juror Sadie Hawkins Day 2010
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 Pernell’s Birthday 2009 Pernell’s Birthday 2011 Dan Blocker's Birthday 2008

View all badges

Post by Becky »

Welcome Big John! I hear you loud and clear on the dvds!! Yep, I remember looking forward to Sunday nights. :welcome
patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 372
Stories: 15

Forum Moderator Librarian St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Validator
BINGO Halloween Spare BINGO Halloween Participant Library Author BINGO Halloween Gutterball
Library Helper FWC Level 5 BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by patina »

:welcome to Boomers, Big John!!!
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian
Terina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 175
Stories: 2

Forum Moderator Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Holiday Music 2023
Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Christmas 2020 Christmas Card Team Super Bowl 2019
10th Anniversary Letter C 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Thanksgiving 2018
Surprise Level 1 Summer 2018 Cinco de mayo 2018 BINGO Strike Games Edition

View all badges

Post by Terina »

:howdy and :welcome to Boomers, Big John. You'll fit right in, come on and join the fun.
A Ponderosa Pine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 81
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: ADAM!

Administrator Anniversary Poem or Artwork Holiday Story Falling out of chat
Meet & Greet chat Meet and greet chat Meet and greet chat Meet and Greet Chat
Holiday Decorations 2010 Thanksgiving 2010 Easter/Passover Chat Badge Fun
Christmas 2013 Valentine's Day 2010 Winter Blues (2010) 4th of July

View all badges

Post by A Ponderosa Pine »

:baloons2 I'm glad you found us, Big John, and hope you will enjoy our board.

I was seven years old when Bonanza came on, and became a fan immediately! I have the same gripes about the DVDs as you do! I say out with the new, in with the old! :grin

A Ponderosa Pine :pine
:pine Pining for Adam

Return to “Introduce Yourself”