Episode 215 - A NATURAL WIZARD

Bonanza Season 7 Episodes
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 18
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

Fun With Captions Level 2 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022 Fun with Captions Level 1
More Fun With 2's Happy 14th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter X Mike Landon Birthday 2021
September Song 2021 Don't Blink 1,000 Posts Group Member
Christmas 2020 Escape To Ponderosa PODs 100 Posts

View all badges

Re: Episode 215 - A NATURAL WIZARD

Post by Oxgirl »

Janet the Wicked wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:22 am
Oxgirl wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:02 am Noted Joe was away "For the rodeo". Interesting. :yes
I thought that was somewhat interesting too. Rodeo? What rodeo and why are they not all attending?
Yeah, and was he competing for a prize and did he win? :laughing
Jim Barnsby
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Post by Jim Barnsby »

I was prepared to dislike this one, but I stayed put for a few reasons:

Jacqueline Scott’s excellent performance. Now that she’s gotten my attention, I’m looking forward to rewatching her two previous Bonanza appearances which I must watch since I don’t recall her other roles; chalk that up to my early onset dementia…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Extended Ponderosa upstairs scenes. I initially thought I was going to experience more of that “The House is Empty” depression, but Ben being around to help out Hoss in this, yet another “Cartwright Rehab’s Somebody” episode salvaged the show for me. With Adam’s absence, Ben has become my favorite character during the post season-six era.

I’ve always liked how the Cartwright home looks at night, and there’s a fine example of the home looking appealingly-lit at the episode’s 30-minute mark.

As for Skeeter, are all of Bonanza’s red-headed young people outcasts? There’s Skeeter in this story, Albert Abraham Michelson in S3’s Look to the Stars, and of course Jamie; I’m sure there are others.

My Rating: 6/10
Comstock
Drover
Drover
Badges: 24
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All the 4, but most Hoss, Adam

Thanksgiving Puzzler 2022 Time For A Comm'l Break 2022 Break The Record Level 1 September Song 2022
Don't Blink GameNight #15 (2022) ~ Level 1 1,000 Posts Guess the Guest Star # 4~ 2022
BINGO Participant Summer 2022 BINGO T Summer 2022 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2022 More Fun With 2's
PODs Spare VDay BINGO 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Gutterball VDay BINGO 2022

View all badges

Post by Comstock »

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:02 am Noted Joe was away "For the rodeo". Interesting. :yes
In Denver. :shrug Isn't it a bit far away from Virginia City?
daisy60 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:08 pm I don't know how everyone seems to latch on to Hoss. I guess if I was struggling in my life I'd wish to meet someone just like Hoss. He's the best at taking people in and helping them.
I wanted to have a friend or a brother like Hoss. :hoss

I don't dislike this episode. Sometimes it's nice to see an episode where everything turns out to be fine and nobody dies. But who teached the boy how to treat injured animals? 🤔
The boy's mother was Willow, who was one of Ben's kidnappers in an other episode.
Joe and Adam to Hoss: Was she or wasn't she what? (The Magnificent Adah)
Hoss to Ben: But Pa, she is an actress. (The Magnificent Adah)

Return to “Season 7”