Episode 114 - THE JURY

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

Fun with Captions Level 1 More Fun With 2's Happy 14th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter X
Mike Landon Birthday 2021 September Song 2021 Don't Blink 1,000 Posts
Group Member Christmas 2020 Escape To Ponderosa PODs
100 Posts September Song 2020 New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 114 - THE JURY

Post by Oxgirl »

Saw this again today. I really like this well-constructed ep.
The guy could easily have escaped and saved his friend the bother of fashioning a new key for him, he could have just clonked Roy when he brought in his dinner! :laughing
1.JPG
1.JPG (35.17 KiB) Viewed 43 times
I enjoyed seeing Hoss all furious and threatening, especially in the saloon when he warned the guy he'd better not hear anyone talking about him taking a bribe! :ohmy
There were two moments when Jamie dropped his act and showed his terror and gratitude, with tears in his eyes, and they were both very moving I thought and very well done. He was obviously an unpopular character in the town and, when he was set free, he wasn't even given an apology, almost like he'd brought it on himself by being so unlikeable!
I wasn't sure why Hoss suddenly decided he was changing his mind about his innocence just because Jamie had tried to escape. It didn't prove his guilt or anything, just his desperation.
Nice moment when you saw Adam's legs appear as the guy was trying to hide the money in the woodpile! :thumbup
Cute ending too. :laughing
Frannie
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 149
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

GameNight #15 (2022) ~ Level 1 Guess the Guest Star # 4~ 2022 BINGO Participant Summer 2022 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Gutterball Summer 2022 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2022 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2
Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Oscar Chat 2022 Bonanza Ballads Level 7 More Fun With 2's
Lorne Greene Birthday 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Gutterball VDay BINGO 2022 Fun With 2's

View all badges

Post by Frannie »

Close to the ending when Jamie says, "Yea, you really are a big man" to Hoss, I always say to myself, "Yes, he was. In more than one way." Hoss was good in this ep, imo. But then again? Thetr aren't many I don't like him in. :wink But overall, I liked it. I watch it every now and then when I go back to that season. :yes
“You gotta learn to laugh at yourself. If you can’t, you might as well give up right now.” - Hoss Cartwright, The Reluctant Rebel

:dg In memory of dougsgirl
Oxgirl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

Fun with Captions Level 1 More Fun With 2's Happy 14th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter X
Mike Landon Birthday 2021 September Song 2021 Don't Blink 1,000 Posts
Group Member Christmas 2020 Escape To Ponderosa PODs
100 Posts September Song 2020 New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Oxgirl »

Frannie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:09 pm Close to the ending when Jamie says, "Yea, you really are a big man" to Hoss, I always say to myself, "Yes, he was. In more than one way." Hoss was good in this ep, imo. But then again? Thetr aren't many I don't like him in. :wink But overall, I liked it. I watch it every now and then when I go back to that season. :yes
Yeah, it was quite moving when he said that and he's so right. Hoss is wonderful in so many ways, when he's being strong and forceful or compassionate and tender, he's brilliant to watch. :thumbup

Return to “Season 4”