Episode 277 - DESPERATE PASSAGE

Bonanza Season 9 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 277 - DESPERATE PASSAGE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 am

Date:November 5, 1967

Summary: Driving horses to Utah, the Cartwright’s and Candy fight Paiutes with the survivors of an Indian raid: a suspected murderer, and a woman who knows he's innocent.

Written by: John Hawkins
Directed by: Leon Benson
Guest Stars: Steve Forrest (Josh Tanner); Tina Louise (Mary Burns); Bing Russell (Clem); James Forrest (Paul Burns); Hal Burton (uncredited - horseback double for Michael Landon and horseback stunts as Paiute Indian); Bob Miles (uncredited - horseback and stunts as Paiute Indian); Bill Clark (uncredited - horseback stunts as Paiute Indian); Troy Melton (uncredited - horseback stunts as Paiute Indian).

Slideshow courtesy of January. Images from Bonanza Boomers Gallery

rolsson
Drover
Drover
Badges: 48
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

December Delectables Christmas Card Team Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019
Reader's Choice Level 6 Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Poetry Portfolio
Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Guest Star Bio Ponderosa Prospects

View all badges

Re: Episode 277 - DESPERATE PASSAGE

Post by rolsson » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 am

I really felt that this episode first showed the Paiutes as a force to be reckoned with until the Cartwrights show up. I didn't like how both Candy and Joe stabbed and killed Indians which seems justified to saving Mary Burns who got herself kidnapped by the Paiutes during a raid on the traveling Cartwrights, mary burns and steve forest. Not one of the best Bonanza episodes but show cased all the Cartwrights and Candy and showed Bens cunny very well.

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

December Delectables Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party
Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 277 - DESPERATE PASSAGE

Post by daisy60 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:52 am

This was the only episode for Tina Louis, who looks totally different as Mary Burns then she did as Ginger on Gilligan's Island. I can understand it being hard to watch-some of the scenes scared me as an impressionable teen but sometimes Indians went on a rampage killing anyone in sight. I love the rescue scene of Mary. Shirtless Joe looks quite dangerous! Mary was actually in love with Josh Tanner, played by Steve Forest and didn't wish to return to her husband. :shrug

Return to “Season 9”