Episode 247 - A REAL NICE, FRIENDLY LITTLE TOWN

Bonanza Season 8 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 247 - A REAL NICE, FRIENDLY LITTLE TOWN

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Date: November 27,1966

Summary: Joe gets shot in the middle of the Ponderosa and Hoss is deputised to go and apprehend the person responsible. It proves to be harder than he thought it would be.

Written by: Herman Hoffman
Directed by: Herman Hoffman
Guest Stars: Louise Latham as Mae Rikeman, Mark Slade as Judd Rikeman and Robert Doyle as Jeb Rikeman

realnice town.gif
realnice town.gif (10.39 MiB) Viewed 3368 times

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

littlejoenice
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 177
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 16 Spring Awakens 2020 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Bonanza Ballads Level 15
Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 Crafting 2020 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 Bonanza Ballads Level 14
Persistant Prospector Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Winter 2020 Participant Valentine's Day 2020
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 BINGO Line Winter 2020 Reader's Choice Level 6 WAT 9

View all badges

Re: Episode 247 - A REAL NICE, FRIENDLY LITTLE TOWN

Post by littlejoenice » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I can't believe there are no comments for this episode! This, in my opinion, is one of the funniest episodes on this season! I mean, you have all the classic elements of Bonanza. Little Joe getting shot (albeit in an unlikely place-- right in the middle of the Ponderosa, as Joe put it, or as Hoss and Louise Latham put it-- where the person meets his saddle) Hoss getting forced into doing something he'd rather not do, and Pa just trying to keep everything quiet and settled down.

I love how the town is named Happy Valley, and every time that Hoss looks at the sign, it seems to fall. The complaining sheriff was hilarious! "You got problems?! I've got sciatica, my wife's got the croup, and I ain't been paid in four months!"
I think that poor Hoss got into more trouble in this episode than any other I've seen yet. Those "two little boys" sure caused some big trouble!

I especially liked how, at the end, when Hoss finally got to go home, he not only told his pa and brother that the man had gotten away, but he also told his pa that he was grateful for him, for everything he'd taught him, and Adam, and Joe growing up and how they'd been brought up. "Just everything in general." And Joe, in his confusion at Hoss' attitude, sits down when he wasn't supposed to!

One thing that always comes up with this episode in my family is this: If Little Joe had been shot in the-- well, right in the middle of the Ponderosa, who was it took the bullet out? Logical question. Anybody got an explanation? :laughing BTW, if someone did manage to get it out, I sure feel sorry for that poor fellow! :rotfl
Last edited by littlejoenice on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 160
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

20,000 Posts Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant
Valentine's Day 2020 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Strike Winter 2020 Oscar Chat 2020
Stuffed in Chat 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 Chat Host Pattern This!
WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 247 - A REAL NICE, FRIENDLY LITTLE TOWN

Post by daisy60 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I imagine it was either pa or Hop Sing who had to take the bullet out of Joe's caboose! Joe was probably to shy for them to bring the Dr. One of the 'boys' who shot Joe later played Blue in High Chaparral. :nurse
These users thanked the author daisy60 for the post:
littlejoenice

Return to “Season 8”