Episode 185 - WOMAN OF FIRE

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 185 - WOMAN OF FIRE

Post by PJudith » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:28 pm

One of my very favorite episodes too. I thought Margarita and Adam had a lot of chemistry. Too bad she was already promised to another man. I wish it wouldn't have worked out and Margarita would've started "a fire" in Adam's heart instead. :yes

And even though Margarita had a quick temper, there was a few times when I understood her anger. Like when she was trying to have a cup of chocolate and her sister's two suitors were making pests of themselves! She couldn't have a moment's peace with those two around.

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Like others have mentioned, PR and Joan had a lot of chemistry together, so I enjoyed that.

One thing I don't understand - why didn't Adam just TELL Margarita that Don Luis wanted a woman with a backbone? Of course, the answer is "because there wouldn't be a story there", but still, you'd think they would have had some kind of explanation for that.
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

PJudith
Drover
Drover

Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 pm

ellen wrote:Like others have mentioned, PR and Joan had a lot of chemistry together, so I enjoyed that.

One thing I don't understand - why didn't Adam just TELL Margarita that Don Luis wanted a woman with a backbone? Of course, the answer is "because there wouldn't be a story there", but still, you'd think they would have had some kind of explanation for that.

Totally my thoughts! :thumbup Adam: Margarita, it turns out that he WANTS a woman of fire! Forget what I told you! Just act like the crazy woman you have been all along. It's what Don Luis wants. However, it was fun watching Adam trying to make Margarita angry. :grin

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue
FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm

PJudith wrote:
Totally my thoughts! :thumbup Adam: Margarita, it turns out that he WANTS a woman of fire! Forget what I told you! Just act like the crazy woman you have been all along. It's what Don Luis wants. However, it was fun watching Adam trying to make Margarita angry. :grin
I know, right? Especially the part where he gets pushed into the water after pushing her too far?! And then instead of climbing out, what does he do? He goes for a swim... in his clothes! :rotfl Epic hilarity. :laughing
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
PJudith
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

PJudith
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Well...as long as you're all wet anyway! Why not go for a swim?? :grin

I always wondered which one of her two suitors did Elena choose? What a dilemma! (of course Margarita thought they were both idiots, buffoons, malcriados, LOL) What if, when they arrived at Don's Luis's home, he had a younger brother or cousin? The man immediately fell for Elena and wooed her away. Elena dumped both guys and married him instead! My imagination runs away with me.

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue
FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:00 pm

PJudith wrote:Well...as long as you're all wet anyway! Why not go for a swim?? :grin

I always wondered which one of her two suitors did Elena choose? What a dilemma! (of course Margarita thought they were both idiots, buffoons, malcriados, LOL) What if, when they arrived at Don's Luis's home, he had a younger brother or cousin? The man immediately fell for Elena and wooed her away. Elena dumped both guys and married him instead! My imagination runs away with me.
Excellent idea. Or, it could be, that, like in the episode The Frenchman, they had a duel, and the one who lost (but not died, because I don't like thinking that way) had to give her up to the one who won.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 178
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 5 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:21 am

PJudith wrote:Well...as long as you're all wet anyway! Why not go for a swim?? :grin

I like the idea of Elena not marrying either one of the two original suitors, especially because in "Taming of the Shrew" (which is referenced all throughout "Woman of Fire" the younger sister, Bianca, doesn't marry either one of the suitors she has at the beginning of the play.
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 68

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 BINGO Booby Summer 2019
BINGO Gutterball Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Don't Blink BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:15 am

As to why Adam didn't just tell Margarita that Don Luis actually wanted a fiery woman...perhaps he was afraid that, after everything they had gone through to get her to change her behavior, she would be skeptical of such an abrupt turnaround and wonder if he was trying to put something over on her. Or he felt that she couldn't unlearn what she had learned without a little "push" from him. After all, it actually did take more than getting pushed herself to bring her around.

debpet2 :adam

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 54

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Winner - Eff Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game
BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day

View all badges

Birthday

Post by Julianna » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:45 pm

A favorite episode of mine! Today, they wouldn't do the spanking thing, but back then several westerns had women getting a spanking. I thought this was tailored especially for Adam and PR. Joan Hackett was marvelous in the part! Why do you gape?

Return to “Season 6”