Episode 174 - THE SCAPEGOAT

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 174 - THE SCAPEGOAT

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:53 am

Date: October 25, 1964

Summary: Hoss saves a bumbling Waldo Watson from a suicidal leap off a cliff. The Cartwrights take Watson in, contend with his clumsiness and soon learn that he's on the run.

Written by: Rod Peterson
Directed by: Christian Nyby
Guest Stars: George Kennedy (Waldo Watson), Sandra Warner (Nancy Collins), Richard Devon (Weaver)

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 174 - THE SCAPEGOAT

Post by PJudith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:02 pm

The episode that always makes me wonder if Hoss is a little nuts. Or does he just need glasses? He rejects the advances of Nancy!! The girl was gorgeous. WHat's up with that :shrug

But his newfound friendship with Waldo is great. I love George Kennedy. I've loved George Kennedy since I saw him in Airport. "Clear the runway!!"

Another interesting tale of how the Cartwrights side with the underdog and are willing to help a stranger.

I like Adam and Joe's list of others that Hoss has helped over the years, like the guy who "helped himself" to their silverware.

Ben sums up Hoss's character in one sentence, "He's got a big heart."

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 137
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer
Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Winter 2018/2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 174 - THE SCAPEGOAT

Post by daisy60 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:55 am

Waldo was quite a character! My favorite scene was Hoss teaching Waldo how to square dance. They dance so well together, as Adam and Joe, watching thought so also. Hoss does have a big heart and often takes people in to help them. That's just pure Hoss.

Return to “Season 6”