Episode 156 - LOVE ME NOT

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 156 - LOVE ME NOT

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:41 am

Date: March 1, 1964

Summary: A young woman, who was raised by Indians, falls in love with Ben. Taken aback by her crush on him, he tries to teach her proper social behavior.

Written by: Frank Cleaver
Directed by: Tay Garnett
Guest Stars: Anjanette Comer as Joan, Victor Sen Yung as Hop Sing, Wynn Pearce as John Turner

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

Kathie
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe ♥♥♥

Re: Episode 156 - LOVE ME NOT

Post by Kathie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:46 am

I'm looking for a beautiful music from this episode. Does anyone know where I can find this music?
Very often it repeats during this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urmC-w8Kx7A

for example:
04:20 - 04:33
20:55 - 21:11
21:47 - 23:08
36:37 - 37:02
42:23 - 

Maybe someone knows what is this song?
❤ ∞ Little Joe's Girl and Michael's Girl ∞ ❤
2 ∞ & <

Kathie

Post by Kathie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:18 am

http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/avzEuJt4/file.html I cut and remixed, but still i don't know where i can find whole musical composition. I don't know composer and title.
2 ∞ & <

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 130
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 Oscar Chat 2020 Stuffed in Chat 2020
Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Christmas Baubles 2019
Christmas Card Team Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:43 am

I suspect this is studio music composed for this episode. The credits have "Music by David Rose" and "Musical Supervision William Lava".
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Kathie

Post by Kathie » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:26 am

Ok, it's very likely. Thanks :)
2 ∞ & <

Sahra
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3

100 Posts Escape To Ponderosa New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Sahra » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:11 pm

I watched this one tonight. I quickly understood what turned Pernell Roberts away from the show. Exploitation of stereotypes about indigenous people, complete with fake Indians, and several things that are, to put it with PR, "demeaning for women". Indeed, while I did laugh my ass off when Ben was "having a serious conversation" with Joan, I was well aware that, by late 20th century to early 21st century standards, spanking a grown woman is demeaning. Even if spanking doesn't really hurt.

The episode acknowledges that double standards for men and women exist and hints that it's not entirely fair, but it's not any further elaborated. -- I didn't expect that, either. Jeez, I really don't like high heels. 10 years ago or so, a "business coach" gave me a list of proper business attire for women, and it included "tasteful make-up" and "pumps with one to two inches heels". I bluntly told me man that I don't like pumps with 1-2" heels and, before he could reply, asked him: "Would YOU like to wear such shoes?" And, silently, I added: And I ain't slappin' dyed tallow on my face, either.

I think many contemporary younger women are not grateful enough for what older generations of women did for them. It is rather new in human history that women can live the way they want, just as men have always been doing.

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W
Step up to 2020 Don't Blink PODs Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Amazon Buyer 100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:38 pm

@Sahra

I think I may have met my match here... I may have to give up my title.
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W
Step up to 2020 Don't Blink PODs Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Amazon Buyer 100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Sahra wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:11 pm
I watched this one tonight. I quickly understood what turned Pernell Roberts away from the show. Exploitation of stereotypes about indigenous people, complete with fake Indians, and several things that are, to put it with PR, "demeaning for women". Indeed, while I did laugh my ass off when Ben was "having a serious conversation" with Joan, I was well aware that, by late 20th century to early 21st century standards, spanking a grown woman is demeaning. Even if spanking doesn't really hurt.

The episode acknowledges that double standards for men and women exist and hints that it's not entirely fair, but it's not any further elaborated. -- I didn't expect that, either. Jeez, I really don't like high heels. 10 years ago or so, a "business coach" gave me a list of proper business attire for women, and it included "tasteful make-up" and "pumps with one to two inches heels". I bluntly told me man that I don't like pumps with 1-2" heels and, before he could reply, asked him: "Would YOU like to wear such shoes?" And, silently, I added: And I ain't slappin' dyed tallow on my face, either.

I think many contemporary younger women are not grateful enough for what older generations of women did for them. It is rather new in human history that women can live the way they want, just as men have always been doing.
As this show was geared for children, at least that's what my cable company lists the program type as, I think the spanking would be something kids can relate to and of course Ben must have been a master at it by that time. The other thing is a grown man spanking a grown woman may well have been a turn on had Pa been into that sort of thing.

And I have to agree with the rest of your post as well, Sahra.
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 160
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

20,000 Posts Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant
Valentine's Day 2020 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Strike Winter 2020 Oscar Chat 2020
Stuffed in Chat 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 Chat Host Pattern This!
WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 pm

I never did like to wear high heels, although I did wear them occasionally. They'd be impossible for me to walk in now with my neuropathy. It would be degrading for a woman to be spanked. Adam spanked Margarita in Woman Of Fire and looked like he enjoyed it! Ben probably did also. :ha

Sahra
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3

100 Posts Escape To Ponderosa New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Sahra » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:47 pm

I never saw any purpose in heels except in horse riding: They can prevent you from slipping through a stirrup if you're thrown off.

There is a theory though, that wearing high heels forces women into a body position that is resembles lordosis, a behavior which, in many animal species, entices a male to mount a female.

Adam spanked a woman once, too? I have to watch that episode.

Both guys could spank me anytime, but I'd bring out ye olde riding crop first. The dressage crop I used as a child must still be around somewhere. It had a handle encased with braided leather bands. A beautiful implement of guidance and punishment Pa would definitely like.

Return to “Season 5”