Episode 136 - A PASSION FOR JUSTICE

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W
Step up to 2020 Don't Blink PODs Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Amazon Buyer 100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 136 - A PASSION FOR JUSTICE

Post by Janet the Wicked » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:25 pm

daisy60 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:59 pm
Janet the Wicked wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:05 am

I thought the same thing about the "daily" newspaper delivery. Note that Joe calls Ben "Dad" here instead of Pa.

Joe called Ben 'dad' in several episodes. I guess it's just the way Michael thought of Lorne. :yes
I figured that may have been the case, but I just hadn't noticed before. It had occurred to me that Michael may have called Lorne Dad off and on the set. It's charming.
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 37
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8
The Secret Word 2 Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018
Anniversary Puzzler Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word
Anniversary Poem or Artwork Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures

View all badges

Re: Episode 136 - A PASSION FOR JUSTICE

Post by PJudith » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:23 pm

JanettheWicked- the scene with Joe reading the newspaper was funny and could just as easily have been the evening paper.

Hoss or Adam could've returned home and said something like, "Wait until you see what's in the evening paper about our house guest!"

Joe grabs the paper and starts reading aloud, unaware that Mr. Dickens just walked into the room.

So many things on BZ just happened too quickly considering that they were relying on horses and not cars. They managed to get places a lot faster than normal. Of course, it was a show and the whole episode couldn't be about a long ride to or from town.

Return to “Season 5”