Episode 94 - THE CRUCIBLE

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
Gillie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 458
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Global Moderator Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 December Delectables Reader's Choice Level 7
Christmas Card Team Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019
Halloween ART 2019 Reader's Choice Level 6 Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 BINGO L Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3

View all badges

Re: Episode 94 - THE CRUCIBLE

Post by Gillie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Calamity wrote:
Gillie wrote: Why not Kane? :shrug
He had no qualms about shooting Ross Marquette or Jesse Sanders and he actually liked those men.
Yep! :yes Exactamente!!
:bejules Proud Member of BHA
Proud owner of Adam's Guitar, Lafe's Auction June 2016

Adam to Joe: "You heard what he said. We look for little green men riding on hound dogs."
"Well, Jessie, I'm not just sure I pleased you." Jim Boyer
:grimesgirl

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 123

Forum Moderator Christmas Card Team Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019
Oscar Chat 2019 Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018
Thanksgiving 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3
Behind The Scenes Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1

View all badges

Post by ellen » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:47 pm

That's Adam's [could be] fatal flaw - his stubbornness. When Adam said he would turn the thieves over to the law, I think Kane saw it as a challenge, since IMO Kane would have had no problems with killing them. So Kane pretty much dared Adam to kill him, and Adam was in "I'm too civilized for that" and would not back down.

Honestly, if it were me and I had access to that pick and hammer that Adam used in the mine, I would have knocked Kane's head off.
These users thanked the author ellen for the post:
Sharry
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

emilysean
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 63
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: adam

Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day Without A Trace 7
BINGO Gutterball Games Edition Guess The Guest Star Anniversary Don't Blink Step Up To 2018
Christmas 2017 Ponderosa Nightmares IV Oktoberfest 2017 Time For A Commercial Break 3
Without A Trace 6 Talk like a pirate 2017 Gutterball BINGO Quotes Fan Fiction Weekend April 2017

View all badges

Post by emilysean » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:40 pm

The episode was just on today. I am kind of shocked at what I had forgotten about this. Like shooting the mule and how much Little Joe was in the episode. Weird but it felt like I was watching it for almost the first time. I guess there were some parts that just hit me so hard that the rest falls away.

And I have said this before but what is with the Cartwrights that when they get a huge sum of cash they have to talk about it so the bad guys hear them and go after them. I mean have the bad guy in the bank and just happen to over hear a talkative bank teller announcing the cash amount. You still have a story.

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 187
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 7 December Delectables
Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 7 Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019
Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 pm

emilysean wrote:And I have said this before but what is with the Cartwrights that when they get a huge sum of cash they have to talk about it so the bad guys hear them and go after them. I mean have the bad guy in the bank and just happen to over hear a talkative bank teller announcing the cash amount. You still have a story.
You'd think after one or two instances of being overheard by bad guys the Cartwrights would learn to be more careful! :ha
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:47 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:
emilysean wrote:And I have said this before but what is with the Cartwrights that when they get a huge sum of cash they have to talk about it so the bad guys hear them and go after them. I mean have the bad guy in the bank and just happen to over hear a talkative bank teller announcing the cash amount. You still have a story.
You'd think after one or two instances of being overheard by bad guys the Cartwrights would learn to be more careful! :ha
I agree that it would be a good idea if the Cartwrights were more careful and learned to lower their voices when discussing their cash in public places. :grin

The problem was the Cartwrights were honest and they also weren't eavesdroppers. They were operating as men with high morals. People like tht can be a bit careless because they assume that other people are honest too. If a Cartwright saw someone flash a huge wad of cash, it would never occur to him to follow the guy and bushwack him. Even if the Cartwright in question found himself in a strange town and short on funds, it wouldn't cross his mind to steal.

That's those Cartwrights, so honest that they make themselves targets!
These users thanked the author PJudith for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart

Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 62

Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Reader's Choice Level 4 Reader's Choice Level 3
Reader's Choice Level 2 Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 1 Amazon Buyer
Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary Winter 2018/2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2018
Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018

View all badges

Post by Sharry » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 am

ellen wrote:That's Adam's [could be] fatal flaw - his stubbornness. When Adam said he would turn the thieves over to the law, I think Kane saw it as a challenge, since IMO Kane would have had no problems with killing them. So Kane pretty much dared Adam to kill him, and Adam was in "I'm too civilized for that" and would not back down.

Honestly, if it were me and I had access to that pick and hammer that Adam used in the mine, I would have knocked Kane's head off.
I know! I'd have lost it long before Adam did. I'm not sure what I'd have done, but I would not have the patience to try and outsmart Kane.

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 154
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 NaNoWriMo 2019
Reader's Choice Level 4 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019
Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:35 am

ellen wrote:That's Adam's [could be] fatal flaw - his stubbornness. When Adam said he would turn the thieves over to the law, I think Kane saw it as a challenge, since IMO Kane would have had no problems with killing them. So Kane pretty much dared Adam to kill him, and Adam was in "I'm too civilized for that" and would not back down.

I don't think I would've done that. Considering it was Lee Marvin, I think he would've done it first! :grin
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Quietgirl
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 5

Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 100 Posts Christmas 2017
Escape To Ponderosa

View all badges

Post by Quietgirl » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 pm

The ending; when Adam was in his father's arms and bursting into tears,sounded so genuine,it left me anguished.
These users thanked the author Quietgirl for the post (total 2):
Sharrylittlejoenice
Any man's death diminishes me, Because I am involved in mankind, And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. "John Donne"

Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 62

Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Reader's Choice Level 4 Reader's Choice Level 3
Reader's Choice Level 2 Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 1 Amazon Buyer
Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary Winter 2018/2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2018
Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018

View all badges

Post by Sharry » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Quietgirl wrote:The ending; when Adam was in his father's arms and bursting into tears,sounded so genuine,it left me anguished.
It certainly did. I know I never forgot it. :sob
These users thanked the author Sharry for the post:
Quietgirl

Return to “Season 3”