Episode 90 - THE WOOING OF ABIGAIL JONES

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 153
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 NaNoWriMo 2019 Reader's Choice Level 4
Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3
Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 90 - THE WOOING OF ABIGAIL JONES

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:20 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:My favorite part in this episode is when Joe tells Ben that Adam's just found out he's irresistable to women...and all the laughing in that scene.
Isn't that something? Ben even had trouble understanding that piece. I like what came next: the fatherly advice to his son, and Adam throwing his boot at Joe. :rotfl
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

JDGal1987
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 6
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Valentine's Day 2017 100 Posts BOOMers BOOMbox Lorne Greene Birthday 2017
PODs Stepping Up 2017

View all badges

Post by JDGal1987 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 pm

I just finished watching this episode. I laughed practically all the way through it. The "Wedding March", the laughter, Joe falling down the stairs, Ben trying to stifle his own laughter... this is simply a great pick-me-up.
These users thanked the author JDGal1987 for the post:
littlejoenice
“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.”
– James Froude

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy

Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 NaNoWriMo 2019 Reader's Choice Level 4
Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3
Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

It's just one of those episodes where you can't not laugh! Especially when you know what's coming! :rotfl
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:02 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:My favorite part in this episode is when Joe tells Ben that Adam's just found out he's irresistable to women...and all the laughing in that scene.

The funny part is that it was true! Adam WAS irresistable to a lot of women. Of course having your little brother tease you about it can't be much fun!

As much as I love this episode it is one of those stories where the writers play fast and loose with historical facts. The show debuted in what was supposed to be 1859 when the Comstock Lode was discovered and Virginia City was founded.

But from the way the stories are told, you'd think Viriginia City had been around for years. In this episode Little Joe "attended" school in town and Miss Abigail was his teacher. What town? LOL Joe would've been in school ten years ago before there WAS a Virginia City!

Miss Abigail also says that Adam used to come to the schoolhouse to pick up his little brother. From the characters ages, we can surmise that Joe was born when Adam was about twelve. So by the time Joe was attending ANY little red school house, Adam would have gone back east to attend college. Owing to the time it took to travel across the country, Adam was probably gone for about six years. Of course he could have been back at the Ponderosa by the time Joe was about twelve or so.

Sorry, just my brain working overtime on minutiae! :grin One of my favorite episodes though!
These users thanked the author PJudith for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Joe would've only been ten when Adam graduated college, so I think that fits the story line better. As for overthinking it, if we, as devoted fans (and analysts :laughing ) didn't do it, then where would our stories be?

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm

littlejoenice wrote:Joe would've only been ten when Adam graduated college, so I think that fits the story line better. As for overthinking it, if we, as devoted fans (and analysts :laughing ) didn't do it, then where would our stories be?
I live to overthink the lives of the Cartwrights! They need fans like me to get the facts of their lives straight. :ha
These users thanked the author PJudith for the post:
littlejoenice

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 pm

PJudith wrote:
littlejoenice wrote:Joe would've only been ten when Adam graduated college, so I think that fits the story line better. As for overthinking it, if we, as devoted fans (and analysts :laughing ) didn't do it, then where would our stories be?
I live to overthink the lives of the Cartwrights! They need fans like me to get the facts of their lives straight. :ha
In a way, wouldn't it be sort of like a sworn duty that we have to the Cartwrights? Kind of like we owe them something for sharing their good and bad times with us?

Horsefeather
Badges: 1

Don't Blink

View all badges

Post by Horsefeather » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:20 am

My daughter loves the part where Joe falls into Miss Abigail's shrubbery. :lol

TABS
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Post by TABS » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm

One of my favorite episodes!

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

December Delectables Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party
Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:57 pm

There are so many funny scenes in this episode I can't pick a favorite one-all of the above! I love when Joe and Hoss are humming the wedding march and Joe gets Adam's shoe! Definitely a favorite of mine. I love episodes with all of them together.

Return to “Season 3”