Guest Star POW 11/23 ~ Teresa Wright

Come take a peek at our guest star forum. Here you will find bios on many of our Bonanza guest stars. We offer guest star pictures of the day and regular guest star discussions.

Moderator: CowgirlAtHeart

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 276
Stories: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Beta Reader Eff 2024 Deck The Halls
Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023 BINGO Halloween Spare
BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Strike September Song 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Guest Star POW 11/23 ~ Teresa Wright

Post by CowgirlAtHeart »

Teresa Wright appeared as Katherine Saunders in "My Son, My Son" in Season 5 of Bonanza. Katherine was a kind and gracious lady, and Ben was in love with her; unfortunately, her son Eden was suspected of murdering someone and ran from the law. Ben had to struggle with his feelings for Katherine as he pondered the right thing to do about Eden, and the story ended tragically.

Cap by me

Teresa Wright started out as a young Broadway actress and was discovered by Samuel Goldwyn at a performance of Life with Father. Incredibly, she was nominated for an Oscar for each of her first three films. No other actor or actress before or since has had that distinction. Teresa rose quickly to stardom, although she was known to say, "I only ever wanted to be an actress, not a star." She disliked publicity and promotional photos so much that she put it in her contract that she would not do any kind of promotion. She won an Oscar for her role in Miss Miniver (1942) and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960. She is well-known for her roles in Shadow of a Doubt, The Best Years Of Our Lives, and Somewhere In Time. Teresa died in 2005 after a heart attack.

Teresa Wright.JPG
Teresa Wright.JPG (72.68 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Teresa in 1950 with Marlon Brando in The Men.
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?
Joe, "Queen High"

:dg

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Bonanza Guest Stars”