I'm new to Bonanzaboomers

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 372
Stories: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Librarian St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Validator
BINGO Halloween Spare BINGO Halloween Participant Library Author BINGO Halloween Gutterball
Library Helper FWC Level 5 BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Re: I'm new to Bonanzaboomers

Post by patina »

:welcome to Boomers, mightymight!!!
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian
grimesgirl
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 87

Forum Moderator 100 Posts Fun with 12s Kitchen Disaster
Christmas 2015 Christmas 2013 101010 Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
Behind The Scenes Break the record (expired) Fun with 1's Meet & Greet chat
That's True! That's Who??? BINGO Winner BINGO Search 2014

View all badges

Post by grimesgirl »

Welcome, mightymight. Interesting username.
brent
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: all of them

Post by brent »

Hi mightymight, I'm new here too, and my name is brent. So glad You are here. I know what it's like to sit down with some one that You care an awfully lot about, and watch these great, great shows. Some times, I think they are all that keep me going, especially on bad days. I look forward to reading some of Your posts some time. Good luck and take care.
mightymight
Drover
Drover
Badges: 190

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Valentine's Day Card Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Spring Has Spring Clean Up The Kitchen BINGO Spare Winter '23
BINGO Participant Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Holiday Participation 2022 Christmas Music 2022

View all badges

Post by mightymight »

Thanks Brent for the warm welcome. I'm not sure how to describe how I'm feeling right now after the death of Pernell. I feel like a ton of bricks has smashed me flat. I'm still in total shock and yet at his age, I shouldn't have been. I guess knowing that he had cancer and no one knew it, is what has me so devastated. Thanks again for the welcome.
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by January »

mightymight wrote: I guess knowing that he had cancer and no one knew it, is what has me so devastated. Thanks again for the welcome.
I think that's what has me so devastated too. It was a total shock to me and I'm still in shock. Last I heard he was happy & healthy and I had no reason to think otherwise.
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
Yelah
Drover
Drover
Badges: 19

100 Posts Break the record (expired) 50th Anniversary Chat Pernell Roberts
Chat Badge Fun Stuffed in chat Falling out of chat Meet and greet chat
Meet and Greet Chat Role Play Contestant 1,000 Posts Road Trip
Christmas Elfin' 2008 Hidden Treasures Summer 2012 Game Night 1 Cock & Bull

View all badges

Post by Yelah »

Code: Select all

As a child, I watched Bonanza with my dad. I've even bought DVDs for him now that he is elderly.
Welcome mightymight, seems some of us are "elderly" for you, like me as I watched Bonanza when a child. No matter what age, we share the fun.

And this time we also share the grief. It is a sad time you have come to the board and we are not back to fun already. As you see at your own Wellcome-threat many seem to be paralysed since Jan. 24. by the shock for some time.
I think that's what has me so devastated too. It was a total shock to me and I'm still in shock. Last I heard he was happy & healthy and I had no reason to think otherwise.
That was the shock for me too, as at the Convention a colse friend of PR told me he had been ill for some time and now he is better ..... she is one of them who knew he had cancer. I feel lied to, why had she to add he is better now? I knew he is married and thought of him beeing well and happy with a loving wife at his side and now I know the hard time they both had :sob That makes me so sad.
A Ponderosa Pine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 81
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: ADAM!

Administrator Anniversary Poem or Artwork Holiday Story Falling out of chat
Meet & Greet chat Meet and greet chat Meet and greet chat Meet and Greet Chat
Holiday Decorations 2010 Thanksgiving 2010 Easter/Passover Chat Badge Fun
Christmas 2013 Valentine's Day 2010 Winter Blues (2010) 4th of July

View all badges

Post by A Ponderosa Pine »

Yelah wrote:
That was the shock for me too, as at the Convention a colse friend of PR told me he had been ill for some time and now he is better ..... she is one of them who knew he had cancer. I feel lied to, why had she to add he is better now? I knew he is married and thought of him beeing well and happy with a loving wife at his side and now I know the hard time they both had :sob That makes me so sad.
I understand exactly how you feel, January and Yelah!

Pine
:pine Pining for Adam
mysterygirl
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 73

Group Member Meet & Greet chat Pernell’s Birthday 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2011
Chat badge Fun. Chat Badge Fun Stuffed in chat Meet & Greet chat
Recipe Challenge Dan blocker's Birthday 2010 Red White & blue Holiday Decorations 2010
Thanksgiving 2010 Easter/Passover Thanksgiving  2011 Summer 2011

View all badges

Post by mysterygirl »

:welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. You've found the right place to share your thoughts and memories. As for PR, many of us were shocked to hear of his death. For some reason, whenever I"ve thought about PR throughout the years, he always looked like he did when he was on Bonanza-and in my mind he will always be as young and strong and handsome as he was on Bonanza.
Pernell1991

Post by Pernell1991 »

Hi! I'm also new to Bonanza Boomers. I ran across the website by surfing the internet. I can't even recall the first time that I saw 'Bonanza.' I think it was in 1988 or 1989 and it was the post Adam years. I had grown up with LHOTP. I was not even a year old when the show began and had always liked Michael Landon. When ML died in 1991, my local station began airing the 'Adam years' of the show. That was my introduction to Pernell Roberts and I was hooked!:-) I have been reading the postings here when I can, meaning I only have a computer to use when I'm at work and in dealing with my emotions since Pernell.... What I have read here, has really been beautiful and touching. I have really been moved. I know that I am not alone in my grief, nor in being devastated. I have loved Pernell for nearly 18 and 1/2 years and I can't even imagine what it must be like for those of you who have loved him much, much longer. It is comforting to be among such a wonderful group of people whose hearts come through in their postings and I am proud to be among all of you!
ljlover2001
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 30
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joseph

100 Posts Lorne Greene's Birthday 2015 Surprise Surprise
Michael Landon Dan Blocker Lorne Greene Michael Landon's Birthday 2015
Michael Landon's Birthday 2012 Michael Landon's Birthday 2010 Michael Landon's Birthday 2009 Dan Blocker's Birthday 2015
Pernell Roberts 2016 Pernell’s Birthday 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2013 Episode Summary

View all badges

Post by ljlover2001 »

Hi mightymight, nice to meet you :howdy2
I first watched Bonanza when I was a little girl, with my father, too
Thought it was a great show then, and fifty years later, I still feel the same about it
This is a great place to hang out and talk about our favourite guys
Hope to see you around
Little Joe forever
Lynne

Return to “Introduce Yourself”