Just saying howdy - also looking for ponderosa info...

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
Dori
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 346
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Valentine's Day Card Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Gutterball
BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 BINGO L Spring 2023 St. Patrick's Day Art 2023
Clean Up The Kitchen BINGO Participant Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Re: Just saying howdy - also looking for ponderosa info...

Post by Dori »

:welcome to Boomers!
Gillie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 664
Stories: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Global Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024
Valentine's Day Card Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Deck The Halls Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023
Christmas Bauble 2023 Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023

View all badges

Post by Gillie »

:hi1 and :howdy2 Ranger! Glad you found us! :very happy

I've only heard rumors that the Ponderosa Ranch would again be open to the public someday at an unspecified future date, but nothing definite that I recall.
:bejules Proud Member of BHA
Proud owner of Adam's Guitar, Lafe's Auction June 2016

Adam to Joe: "You heard what he said. We look for little green men riding on hound dogs."
"Well, Jessie, I'm not just sure I pleased you." Jim Boyer
:grimesgirl
:dg
ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 195
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24
Holiday Participation 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Snail VDay BINGO 2022 Fun With 2's
Happy 14th Anniversary Merry Christmas 2021 Game Night 2021 Level 1 Tried and True
BINGO Spare Summer 2021 BINGO Participant Summer 2021 BINGO L Spring/Summer 2021 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2021

View all badges

It’s my birthday

Post by ellie »

If it was mentioned at the Ponderosa II Reunion in Mesa, I was either out of the room at the time or I just don't remember.

. :howdy2 and welcome
Chenoa
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 24
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Little Joe & Hoss

13th Anniversary 1,000 Posts Hidden Treasures WAT 9
12th Anniversary BB 10th Anniversary Letter C Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
Christmas 2018 Without A Trace 6 Talk like a pirate 2017 Spare BINGO Quotes
Search BINGO Quotes Fun With Quotes 2017 Saint Patrick's Day 2017 Countdown to 1,111,111

View all badges

Post by Chenoa »

:howdy2 Ranger and :welcome

About the Ponderosa, I feel just like you. It should be open to the public, and I hope to be able to see it one day...
"They´re three fine boys Jed...hard workers and a good head on their shoulders...they are close to each other as brothers should be!" Ben in "Springtime"
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 281
Stories: 4
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 36 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Prop Fiction level 2
Valentine's Day Broken Heart Happy 16th Anniversary Winter Memories 23/24 Bonanza Ballads Level 35
Library Author Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Bonanza Ballads Level 33 Spring Has Spring
Bonanza Ballads Level 32 BINGO Participant Winter '23 Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Ponderosa Nightmares 2022

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice »

Ranger wrote:Hello all,
I used to live in California and have visited the real Ponderosa where they filmed some of the show since I was a kid. Before we moved to Vermont somewhere around 2007 we went to visit the Ponderosa again but found out it had been sold to a private seller who was rumored to be just going to use it for his own amusement. Another rumor was that the government wanted to get their hands on it and make it a park. Either way I was really bummed. I felt this was wrong because the show and the Ponderosa were part of Americana and to me, belongs to everyone. I contacted Mitch Vogel who played Jamie on the later episodes and he was bummed about it too but said he heard that the person who bought it was trying to fix it up and open it up again but he wasn't certain of this. Enough time has passed since then and I can't find any info about its status.
Anyone know anything about the Ponderosa at Incline Village? I'd appreciate any updated info about it.

Thank you -
Howdy, Ranger, and :welcome to Boomers. There is an article about the Ponderosa house on Wikipedia. Here's a little snip from it. This is about as recent as I know about. I'm sorry it closed, too. I was never able to go (only a child when it closed, and hadn't heard of Bonanza at the time) but it sounded like it would be fun. If the owners were to open it, they would have guests galore! :yes

"Closure of the theme park
The ranch and park remained a popular seasonal attraction for decades after the network run of Bonanza ended, having outlived most of the series' original cast. Business remained strong into the late 1990s. The land was purchased by billionaire software entrepreneur David Duffield in 2004. In September 2004 he closed the Ponderosa "indefinitely".

An article in the Reno Gazette-Journal on September 26, 2004 (Ponderosa rides into the sunset) quoted "co-owner Anderson [son of the original owner]" as saying: "This is the biggest year we’ve ever had", and conservatively estimated that 250,000 people visited the Ponderosa during its last April to September 2004 season.

Royce Anderson, son of ranch founder Bill Anderson, said he decided to sell the ranch because "land values are so high." Bill Anderson had retired to his personal ranch in Dayton some ten years earlier.

The Washoe County, Nevada Web site reveals a Ponderosa Ranch land use concept diagram which alludes to a plan for a new theme park within the Ponderosa Ranch limits. No other information is available and owner David Duffield has not publicly announced a new theme park plan. Nothing new has been built. Google Map imaging indicates that as of January 14, 2011 all of the original structures were still standing."
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”