Hey there!

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
CochiseAndJoseph
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Hey there!

Post by CochiseAndJoseph »

I'm new to this site but I've been a Bonanza fan for pretty near as long as I can remember. The first episode I ever saw was Silent Thunder and I loved it! From then on I've watched it whenever the opportunity arose. I realized recently that it was getting pretty hard for me to keep track of what I had and hadn't seen already so I started the whole show over from the start (except that I skipped A Rose For Lotta because I had just re-watched it a few days before) and I'm planning to watch to the end even though I'm not overly fond of the later seasons.

My favorite character is Little Joe. This is partially because he makes me laugh (he's got the best laugh, doesn't he?) and partially because he's so sweet. I think it's mostly because he's the one I saw first. When I saw Silent Thunder I didn't know a thing about the show and I didn't even know that he had brothers. Now I really do love all the Cartwrights in their own individual way, though Adam is my least favorite, but I loved Joe first and it's stuck with me all the way. I'm pretty sure it won't be changing any time soon.

My favorite episodes are the ones that rely more on comedy (particularly any episodes that are about Hoss and Little Joe getting into trouble) but I do love a good drama. The romantic episodes generally bring me more laughs than anything but every now and then I find one that I actually really enjoy.

One of the biggest reasons that I don't like to watch the later episodes is Michael Landon's hair. There. I said it. I hate it later on and it becomes very distracting. I've actually had trouble focusing on the story at times because I'm too bothered by his poofy hair. But seriously, does anybody else feel that way or is it just me? Am I just being shallow?

I've noticed a lot of Adam fans on here so let me explain where I stand on that one. I used to hate Adam because I thought he was boring. Now, while he is by no means a favorite of mine, I can see some really cool aspects of his character and am able to freely admit it when I think he had a really great moment or said something funny. Thus far I have only encountered people who hate Adam or adore Adam. If there are any of you who land in the middle of that spectrum I'd really like to know it because I feel slightly alone and honestly a little scared to mention Adam.

Um... Okay, I'm not really sure what people usually say when they introduce themselves here. Maybe I didn't give enough information, maybe I gave too much. I don't know, but now you know some of my Bonanza related thoughts and opinions but I really do have lots more so I'm excited to become more involved here!
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Re: Hey there!

Post by January »

:welcome to Bonanza Boomers CochiseAndJoseph

Take a few minutes to check out our guidelines for the board. You can find them up top in their own forum or Click here.

“The Board Room” can answer most questions you have.

We’re happy to have you here with us. Have fun! :cheer
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
Bejules
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 578
Stories: 7

Global Moderator Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24 Holiday Participation 2023
Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023
Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 ML Birthday 2023 Break The Record Level 2 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023

View all badges

Post by Bejules »

:howdy2 CochiseAndJoseph and :welcome

I love all the family, but my favourite has and always will be Joe!
:bejules Proud Member of BHA

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
BarbT
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 55

Happy 16th Anniversary Happy 14th Anniversary 13th Anniversary Mike Landon Birthday 2020
Summer 2020 July 4 2020 12th Anniversary BB 5,000 Posts
Bonanza's 60th Anniversary 11th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter L Mike's Birthday 2018
Surprise Level 1 Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Readin', Writin' ...

View all badges

Post by BarbT »

Welcome to Bonanza Boomers, CochiseandJoseph! :hi1

I enjoyed your introduction very much and have to agree with you about LJ's hair in later seasons.
debbiejo
Drover
Drover
Badges: 8
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 100 Posts September Song 2013
Summer 2013 Summer 2014 Easter 2013 Michael Landon

View all badges

Post by debbiejo »

Welcome, C & J ! I'm also a Joe fan, but I know exactly what you mean about his hair in the later years....it's almost as if he wanted it longer but couldn't decide quite how to style it. I was not a big Adam fan as a youngster, but watching him now as an adult, I can easily see his appeal. Sometimes, PR could deliver a line, especially in a comic episode, with the perfect tinge of sarcasm, as he was watching his hapless younger brothers.
Sharry
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 85

Laundry 2022 Happy New Year 2022 Winter Writing Challenge 2021 13th Anniversary
Organizing Secrets New Year's Eve Chat 2020/2021 Reader's Choice Level 6 Ponderosa Nightmares 2020
Halloween Recipes 2020 Game Night 2020 Level 1 Summer 2020 Good Housekeeping 2020
Library Story 2020 July 4 2020 Collectors' Corner 2020 Crafting 2020

View all badges

Post by Sharry »

:welcome Nice to meet you C&J. Welcome - you'll have a lot of fun here.

Michael did have a lot of hair, and he seemed to enjoy it longer. I always thought he looked better with it more 'contained', but it was his hair. :thumbup
october
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 167

Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24 Deck The Halls
Fun With Captions Level 4 Break The Record Level 2 BINGO Halloween Participant Fun With Captions Level 3
Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023 September Song 2023 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO Participant Spring 2023
St. Patrick's Day Limerick '23 Fun with Captions Level 1 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Post by october »

Don't feel alone - all shades of Bonanza lovers here - solidly a Adam lady but love LJ and can see the fascination with his changing and gorgeous hair throughout the run of Bonanza
:app :dg
ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 195
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24
Holiday Participation 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Snail VDay BINGO 2022 Fun With 2's
Happy 14th Anniversary Merry Christmas 2021 Game Night 2021 Level 1 Tried and True
BINGO Spare Summer 2021 BINGO Participant Summer 2021 BINGO L Spring/Summer 2021 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2021

View all badges

Post by ellie »

CochiseAndJoseph wrote:... Little Joe. ... he's got the best laugh, doesn't he?
Always loved his laugh. :laughing
CochiseAndJoseph wrote:... Michael Landon's hair.
I first saw ML as Charles Ingalls, so his long hair doesn't bother me much. Though it wouldn't bother me to thin it out a little. And that WAS the style back when it the later season of Bonanza were filmed.
CochiseAndJoseph wrote:...I've noticed a lot of Adam fans on here so let me explain where I stand on that one. ... Thus far I have only encountered people who hate Adam or adore Adam. If there are any of you who land in the middle of that spectrum I'd really like to know it because I feel slightly alone and honestly a little scared to mention Adam.
Most of the people here on Adam fans so if they git up a possee to come after ya, you can hide behind me and Hoss. :ha
Guitarlover
Drover
Drover
Badges: 11

Like us on fb 100 Posts 1,000 Posts Boomers Million
Hidden Treasures March 2016 Healthy, Wealthy & Wise Healthy, Wealthy & Wise Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
Meet & Greet Chat Stuffed in chat Meet & Greet Chat

View all badges

Post by Guitarlover »

Welcome to the group, CochiseAndJoseph! :welcome
snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Post by snapdragon »

Hi CochiseAndJoseph, I enjoyed reading your introduction. :cow
CochiseAndJoseph wrote:I'm new to this site but I've been a Bonanza fan for pretty near as long as I can remember. The first episode I ever saw was Silent Thunder and I loved it!
I'm a new BZ fan and missed the first three seasons. I looked up this episode, it looks really interesting. I'll definitely watch it when TV Land airs it.
My favorite character is Little Joe. This is partially because he makes me laugh (he's got the best laugh, doesn't he?)
His laugh is infectious, isn't it? :yes
One of the biggest reasons that I don't like to watch the later episodes is Michael Landon's hair.
:rotfl Usually people say they don't like the later episodes because Adam's gone or whatever, but this is the first I've heard someone say they hate them because Landon's hair is getting out of control. I'm currently viewing Season 10 of BZ and ML's hair is definitely crossing over into dangerous Charles Ingalls territory. I don't think you're shallow. ML's hair IS distracting!
I've noticed a lot of Adam fans on here
I was surprised to see this place overrun with Adam fans, too. I thought there would be more Little Joe fans. I had an Adam avatar, but I changed it recently because I got tired of seeing so many Adam avatars as is. :laughing
Thus far I have only encountered people who hate Adam or adore Adam. If there are any of you who land in the middle of that spectrum I'd really like to know it because I feel slightly alone and honestly a little scared to mention Adam.
It's interesting to me how Adam elicits strong reactions in viewers. He's not lovable like Hoss, or a cute boy next door like Joe. He's kind of dangerous looking. To others, he's boring. I've criticized PR before but if you're not hateful or stupid about it, others will accept it and give you honest feedback.
but now you know some of my Bonanza related thoughts and opinions but I really do have lots more so I'm excited to become more involved here!
:welcome

Return to “Introduce Yourself”