Finally made it - a long ride from there to here!

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
weavereb
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 32
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Former Forum Host Meet and greet chat 100 Posts Beta Reading Team
Michael Landon's Birthday 2008 Dan Blocker's Birthday 2008 Pernell’s Birthday 2010 Pernell’s Birthday 2009
Pernell’s Birthday 2008 Chat Badge Fun Falling out of chat Meet and Greet Chat
That's Who??? Road Trip Don't Blink Fun With Captions

View all badges

Re: Finally made it - a long ride from there to here!

Post by weavereb »

January wrote: I fell in love with Adam Cartwright and my life hasn't been the same since. :cool1
Oh boy, I know that feeling! :laughing
Monette
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 6

Library Story 2020 100 Posts Cartwright Generosity BOOMers BOOMbox
Road Trip Convention reporter

View all badges

Post by Monette »

Wow - what a great bouquet of welcomes! I think I'm going to like it here! I really appreciate hearing that people enjoyed Felling of the Sons, and that they think I have captured them well. That's my primary goal, to capture them well and encourage new viewers to the series to keep it on the air - forever!

I must confess - I have a lot of writing projects and it keeps me often too overwhelmed to participate very often and when I get to sites like this, I feel intimidated about learning my way around. So let me apologize in advance for not being here til now, or too often.

Right now I am in the middle of the final edit of "Mystic Fire," my second authorized Bonanza novel. Whether I'll get any more authorization remains to be seen, but I do plan to call Dortort soon. Mystic Fire will doubtless be available the same was as Felling of the Sons, sometime in 2009. If you don't have a copy of my already published novel, you can go to amazon.com - or if you want, email me direct at [email protected] - and I'll hook you up a little cheaper with an autographed copy.

I hope to eventually get to read the work of others - and who knows - maybe get the courage to place a short fiction at this site that has never been posted anywhere before. It was rejected at Bonanza Gold - maybe too ... weird... different, for sure. I call it Dead of Winter, and, not to give it away, anyone know the Donner Party?

Anyway, I want to thank you all again for the warm welcome, and in the days to come, I'll certainly be visiting other forums and other rooms here with Bonanza Boomers.
conascot
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: adam

100 Posts Game Night 1 Game Night 2

View all badges

Post by conascot »

:welcome Monette
pony
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 105
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Former Forum Host Clean Up The Kitchen Happy 15th Anniversary BINGO Spare Winter '23
BINGO Participant Winter '23 10th Anniversary Letter B BINGO Gutterball Winter '23 Christmas Music 2022
Holiday Participation 2022 Christmas Bauble 2022 Christmas Recipes 2022 Escape To Ponderosa
50th Anniversary Chat Holiday Decorations 2010 Chat Badge Fun Thanksgiving 2010

View all badges

Post by pony »

Greetings, Monette! I had the privilege of "reviewing" your book, "Felling of the Sons," in a thread in Bonanza Viewpoints titled "Tell Us a Bedtime Story, Pa." As you can tell, I LOVED this book and am eagerly anticipating "Mystic Fire."

Welcome to Boomers. You'll like it here. You will find that this is a fun and friendly group; the Adamgals and Joegals get along just fine! ... and of course Hoss and Pa have their ladies also.

:welcome
Life is good.
Monette
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Monette »

Hi Pony! I wish I could reply to each person individually. I have to say that when I faced the challenge of a second Bonanza novel, and wanting it to be very different from the first, I drew upon the fact that in the Adam years, there are two different kinds of shows. Felling of the Sons represented the early years. Mystic Fire will be like the later Adam years, when each Cartwright had his own storyline and problem to solve, mostly alone. You'll see each Cartwright in Mystic Fire go off on his own, but in order to preserve the family feeling, I have each of them reflecting on memories of togetherness - some from the show but most totally new and made up! Some may like this better, some may not. But I hope it's still a satisfying read - I think of it as my epic! It's going to be a lot longer than Felling, too.
pony
Cowboy
Cowboy

Former Forum Host Clean Up The Kitchen Happy 15th Anniversary BINGO Spare Winter '23
BINGO Participant Winter '23 10th Anniversary Letter B BINGO Gutterball Winter '23 Christmas Music 2022
Holiday Participation 2022 Christmas Bauble 2022 Christmas Recipes 2022 Escape To Ponderosa

View all badges

Post by pony »

I love that concept and know "Mystic Fire" is going to be GREAT. I'm glad to hear it's longer because that was the only thing I did not like about "Felling of the Sons" - the fact that it came to an end! It was one of the few books - of any kind - I've read in my life that I literally did not want to end. In fact, toward the end, I started reading real slow just to make it last. It's that good.
Life is good.
Monette
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Monette »

Thanks, Pony - did you ever request the follow up short story to Felling - called Thankful? It's free by email. Let me know you need it by emailing me at [email protected] - and thank Lillian, as she's the one who encouraged me to write more!
pony
Cowboy
Cowboy

View all badges

Post by pony »

Yes, I do have "Thankful" ... and I LOVE it! I also am among those privileged to have received your "Dead of Winter." I don't think you've figured me out yet, Monette, but you know who I am. Here's a hint: Your biggest fan. :yes

Just PM me when/if you have guessed my secret identity :laughing and once again, :welcome to Boomers!
Life is good.
Terina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 175
Stories: 2

Forum Moderator Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Holiday Music 2023
Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Christmas 2020 Christmas Card Team Super Bowl 2019
10th Anniversary Letter C 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Thanksgiving 2018
Surprise Level 1 Summer 2018 Cinco de mayo 2018 BINGO Strike Games Edition

View all badges

Post by Terina »

Welcome Monette. I read the excerpt from your book, I'll put that one on my list.
Monette
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Monette »

Hi Terina - I'll hope that's a short list! (grin)

I adore that scene from the rescue - the look on his face as he's saying it is priceless!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”