What does your nick stand for?

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
Nell Mina
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Re: What does your nick stand for?

Post by Nell Mina »

Mine is a combination of Pernell Roberts (Nell) and Ben Cartwright in feminine form (Mina - short for Benjamina).
DanishGirl
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 18
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Group Member Healthy, Wealthy & Wise Winter 2014/2015 Autumn 2014
Spring 2015 SHD 2014 Wardrobe Throw Back Thursday Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
Sadie Hawkins Day 2014 100 Posts Without A Trace 4 Without A Trace 3
Without A Trace 2 History of the Old West POD PODs PR Brick Dedication

View all badges

Post by DanishGirl »

:howdy2 Everybody !! What a good idea - a lot of good and entertaining reasons for people's nicknames.

Mine is simple - DanishGirl - I was born, raised and live in Denmark. I am a girl - he he though I'm a 40+ girl :cowgirl2

I´m not in this forum a lot, but when I have time, it's a really nice place to stay :boomersrocks
daisy60
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 258
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24
Christmas Bauble 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 Break The Record Level 3 BINGO Halloween Participant
BINGO Halloween Gutterball BINGO Halloween Strike PR Birthday 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by daisy60 »

I use the name daisy because I carried daisies at my wedding nearly 40 years ago. I was 60 when I joined Boomers.
Adams Welsh Girl
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 4
Stories: 2

Group Member 100 Posts Boomers Million FanFic Writer Badge

View all badges

Post by Adams Welsh Girl »

Mine is simply because I'm Welsh and I love Adam
Miss Lula Alice
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Walter

Post by Miss Lula Alice »

Mine is from a gravestone I found in a family cemetery, of a little girl who only lived for two weeks, in the late 1800s. For some reason out of all the stones, I've wondered about her the most.
zarapam
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3

Group Member 100 Posts Boomers Million

View all badges

Post by zarapam »

Mine is a portmanteau of zara and pam. I'm a model horse hobbyist, and it's the nickname I use on model horse forums. Zara is my favorite model. It's an Arabian mare produced by the Hagen Renaker pottery in California and sculpted by the late great Maureen Love. PAM stands for Proud Arabian Mare. Breyer Model Horses was licensed to reproduce the Zara model in plastic as the Proud Arabian Mare and that's the model that got me started collecting model horses.

I think I need a Bonanza-related nickname, though, at least for fan fiction that I might post.
DeltaDawn
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 1

100 Posts

View all badges

Post by DeltaDawn »

Hi! This is my first post on Boomers! My nick is my dog's name. (Wonder how many people can say the same?) When my daughter was tiny, I used to play records (remember actual records?) to entertain her, so she was more familiar with the likes of Helen Reddy than with the pop tunes of her own generation. "Delta Dawn" was one of our favorite songs.
AgnethaF
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 445

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by AgnethaF »

DeltaDawn wrote:Hi! This is my first post on Boomers! My nick is my dog's name. (Wonder how many people can say the same?) When my daughter was tiny, I used to play records (remember actual records?) to entertain her, so she was more familiar with the likes of Helen Reddy than with the pop tunes of her own generation. "Delta Dawn" was one of our favorite songs.
I love that song! Helen Reddy's version.
:bejules Proud member of BHA
Wisconsin Lady
"I'm never satisfied with my own work." Pernell Roberts.
"I'm with you every step of the way, Pa.. Right down the aisle." Adam The Burma Rarity
:dgIn Memory Of Dougsgirl

:app In Memory Of A Ponderosa Pine
muffinlulu
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by muffinlulu »

DeltaDawn wrote:Hi! This is my first post on Boomers! My nick is my dog's name. (Wonder how many people can say the same?) When my daughter was tiny, I used to play records (remember actual records?) to entertain her, so she was more familiar with the likes of Helen Reddy than with the pop tunes of her own generation. "Delta Dawn" was one of our favorite songs.
Mine (Muffinlulu) is made from my two much loved deceased cats.. Muffin and Lulu. :yes
Inca
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Post by Inca »

:grin Mine's my dog's name too.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”