What does your nick stand for?

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: What does your nick stand for?

Post by snapdragon »

I named myself after the flowers in my grandmother's garden.

She was a fan of "Trapper John, MD". :doctor

I almost registered under "Black Adam" (because Adam always wore black) but thought that might offend some people.
Sharry
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 85
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Laundry 2022 Happy New Year 2022 Winter Writing Challenge 2021 13th Anniversary
Organizing Secrets New Year's Eve Chat 2020/2021 Reader's Choice Level 6 Ponderosa Nightmares 2020
Halloween Recipes 2020 Game Night 2020 Level 1 Summer 2020 Good Housekeeping 2020
Library Story 2020 July 4 2020 Collectors' Corner 2020 Crafting 2020

View all badges

Post by Sharry »

My nickname is pretty simplified. Sharry is just a shortened version of Sharon, which is my given name.

I can remember people calling me both names up until I started school, but I think something about me registering for school (circa 1959/1960) just made Sharon stick for a multitude of years. When I started college, however, I returned to Sharry again, and a majority of people tend to know me as such. I guess I wasn't creative enough to think about changing it here. :grin
Majito
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Post by Majito »

Mine is an endearment of a typical nickname given to girls called María José in Argentina, where I´m from: Majo becomes Majito (Majito is something like Little Majo, so, you see, I have a lot in common with Little Joe, ha ha!) I´m 50 years old and when I was a kid I was crazy about Cochise (I had my own Pinto but it was brown and white) until one day, the boy on it caught my eye too. I consider myself a Joe Gal but I have to say that in later years I´ve come to appreciate Adam´s looks as well.
longhair
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 244

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 40,000 Posts Happy 16th Anniversary
Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023
Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023
Break The Record Level 3 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023 September Song 2023 David Canary BDay 2023

View all badges

Post by longhair »

so interesting reading about the nicknames! :yes
SallyBrown
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: I honestly couldn't pick one

Post by SallyBrown »

She is the cute little sister of this famous kid whose dog is called Snoopy! ;) I was about as old as Peanuts' Sally Brown when I first watched Zorro with my older brother, so I thought I'd try to see if it wasn't taken yet and it was available. I think it fits.
Chaps59
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

The Reading Club

View all badges

Post by Chaps59 »

My nickname is Chaps59. Chaps stands for what cowboys wear while breaking horses and 59 is the year when Bonanza started!!
SandyC

Post by SandyC »

Mine is just my name. Wish I had read this before I registered, I could have thought up something more interesting!
LittleJoe4Ever
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 10
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Group Member 100 Posts PODs Behind The Scenes
Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 1 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 The Reading Club Pennings From Prompts
Puzzle Muddle Hidden Treasures

View all badges

Post by LittleJoe4Ever »

I chose mine because to me, Michael Landon will ALWAYS be Little Joe! I know he played other characters, but that is who I fell for & have watched so many times that he feels so real to me & I just can hardly see him as anyone but Joseph "Little Joe" Cartwright!
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 281
Stories: 4
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 36 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Prop Fiction level 2
Valentine's Day Broken Heart Happy 16th Anniversary Winter Memories 23/24 Bonanza Ballads Level 35
Library Author Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Bonanza Ballads Level 33 Spring Has Spring
Bonanza Ballads Level 32 BINGO Participant Winter '23 Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Ponderosa Nightmares 2022

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice »

hettyK wrote:Henrietta "Hetty" King, from the Road to Avonlea. Old maid school marm, fiercely independent, stubborn, strong willed, opinionated, hysterically funny. Played by the wonderful Jackie Burroughs. Any Canadian fans here? Love, love, love the character and wanted to be her.
I'm Canadian, and I love the Road to Avonlea series! So nice to know there's someone else out there who does. My favorite character is Alec. Have you read the books they released, based on the episodes?
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."
ShiningBright
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Cochise, Buck, Chub, Sport

Post by ShiningBright »

It pretty much is the meaning of my name, which is Chiara.
The true perfection of man lies, not in what man has, but in what man is.
~Oscar Wilde

Return to “Introduce Yourself”