What does your nick stand for?

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 195
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24
Holiday Participation 2022 Participant VDay BINGO 2022 Snail VDay BINGO 2022 Fun With 2's
Happy 14th Anniversary Merry Christmas 2021 Game Night 2021 Level 1 Tried and True
BINGO Spare Summer 2021 BINGO Participant Summer 2021 BINGO L Spring/Summer 2021 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2021

View all badges

It’s my birthday

Re: What does your nick stand for?

Post by ellie »

I think it's weird when Lily Hunter calls me "ellie" but that might be because I knew her through work before I knew that she was a Bonanza fan. I knew her first by her real name and she knew me by my real name. I don't know any other Bonanza fans in real life, but I think I'd prefer to have them call me "Ellie." Somehow, it just feels right. :yes
praterfarms1
Drover
Drover
Badges: 61
Stories: 8
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: hoss

Group Member Summer 2012 Sadie Hawkins Day 2011 Leave The Lights On
Fun with 1's Fun with 1's Fun with 12s Olympics 2012
Guest Star Party 2012 Hoss' Excellent Adventure Cinco De Mayo 2012 Valentine's Day 2011
Valentine's Day 2012 Summer 2011 Summer 2013 Team Boomers Loses

View all badges

Post by praterfarms1 »

This is a cool thread!

I like many others registered in a hurry. I was on BW and I just had to get into all the places I couldn't go as a non member so I didn't give it much thought. Now I wish I had, but I wouldn't change. Everyone knows me as praterfarms1.

Prater is my last name and we live on a cattle farm. Years ago we had to come up with a name for tax purposes. We were sitting there with the tax guy and my Husband said "It's the Prater Farm." I had to add the 1 when I got an email address, can you believe it someone else had praterfarms. :lol Anyway, I get easily confused :yes , so to keep it simple I use praterfarms1 for pretty much everything. Over on BW most folks just called me prater or PF.
praterfarms1
Drover
Drover
Badges: 61
Stories: 8
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: hoss

Group Member Summer 2012 Sadie Hawkins Day 2011 Leave The Lights On
Fun with 1's Fun with 1's Fun with 12s Olympics 2012
Guest Star Party 2012 Hoss' Excellent Adventure Cinco De Mayo 2012 Valentine's Day 2011
Valentine's Day 2012 Summer 2011 Summer 2013 Team Boomers Loses

View all badges

Post by praterfarms1 »

ellie wrote:I think it's weird when Lily Hunter calls me "ellie" but that might be because I knew her through work before I knew that she was a Bonanza fan. I knew her first by her real name and she knew me by my real name. I don't know any other Bonanza fans in real life, but I think I'd prefer to have them call me "Ellie." Somehow, it just feels right. :yes

I know what you mean. I know some people from BW in real life and it's funny, but I prefer to call them by their online name. :lol
the modeller
Drover
Drover
Badges: 102
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All 4 Cartwrights!

Forum Moderator Sadie Hawkins Day Sadie Hawkins Day Group Member
Summer 2011 Easter Egg Hunt 2012 Saint Patrick's Day 2012 New Year's
Spring Fling Christmas 2011 Thanksgiving  2011 Summer 2013
Summer 2012 Cinco De Mayo 2012 Valentine's Day 2012 Christmas 2012

View all badges

Post by the modeller »

Mine comes from having been a professional model maker for film & tv, with a hint of the main tv show I had some involvement with superimposed onto my photo :lol . Incidently I build model railways / railroads and my favourite type of loco is the American standard 4-4-0 which is why that is the photo. Like a lot of you, I also needed to think of something quickly to use hence that name.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." - Imagine by John Lennon
lianekb19
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 5
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

100 Posts Team Boomers Loses Fun with 1's Winter Blues (2010)
Summer 2011

View all badges

Post by lianekb19 »

I signed up too quickly. Thinking it would be used to get into the form and not as my nick name I used my real name Liane. Liane is the plural of Liana.
The Liana plant is a flowierng vine in Africa, So. America and Hawaii. Think Tarzan.
Americans pronouce Liane as Leeann. I don't like that. My mother spoke German to me and she pronounced it in three syllables Li/a/ne (h)silent h.
People call me Lee to simplyfy things.
Please don't call me Leona.
When my mother went to register me in school they said we don't have Lianes in this country so they said I was Leona. Those who spoke English to me said Leona and the German speakers said Liane. Now I just use Liane.
Forgive me , I got on an information roll.
chey
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 149
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

100 Posts Winter 2014/2015 St. Patrick's Day Labor Day 2014
Autumn 2014 St. Pats 2015 Thanksgiving 2010 Holiday Decorations 2010
Recipe Challenge Christmas 2012 Thanksgiving Recipe 2012 Meet and greet chat
Meet & Greet chat Meet & Greet chat Stuffed in chat Stuffed in chat

View all badges

Post by chey »

Mine is from one of my favorite movies Cheyenne Autumn, When I first joined a Bonanza site didn’t know if have enough room there was already a username of Cheyenne so I shortened it to Chey .
PERNELLSulli
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 30
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: yummy Adam

100 Posts Olympics 2012 Pernell Roberts Pernell’s Birthday 2013
Pernell’s Birthday 2012 Pernell’s Birthday 2011 Letters to Santa 2012 Thanksgiving 2013
Summer 2013 Summer 2012 Valentine's Day 2012 SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2013
SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2012 Behind The Scenes Sadie Hawkins Day 2013 1,000 Posts

View all badges

Post by PERNELLSulli »

mine is PERNELLSulli = Pernell is my all time favorite actor and ulli is my name ...so I want to say I am Pernells ulli forever :grin
Annie K Cowgirl
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 398
Stories: 13
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joseph Francis Cartwright

BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 BINGO Gutterball Spring 2023 BINGO Strike Spring 2023
BINGO Line Spring 2023 Valentine's Day Party 2023 Lorne Greene Birthday 2023 BINGO Winner Winter '23
BINGO Participant Winter '23 BINGO X Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary BINGO 4 Corners Winter '23
Happy New Year 2023 Holiday Participation 2022 Christmas Bauble 2022 Christmas Music 2022

View all badges

Post by Annie K Cowgirl »

Pony, I can totally sympathize with you about the nickname. I got stuck with a name that has only one possible nick and it's a guys name that I don't like. My user name has my real name hidden in it; my middle name is Anne hence Annie, my first name starts with a K and my lastname starts with a G. I joined the library on Brands before actually joining the forum there and finally here and Annie K Cowgirl was the first thing I could come up with that seemed to fit. I get a thrill every time someone calls me Annie, Annie K or AKC! I love having a nick even if my online friends are the only ones who call me that!
Joe: "Oh, well we and our chickens apologize!" ~ The Wild One
Proud member of the BHA :AnnieK
:dg In loving memory of dougsgirl
Inca
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Post by Inca »

I'm another one who chose in haste believing she wouldn't be visiting BW a lot... Hmm. How wrong can you be?

So I borrowed my dog's name!
girlfromwl
Cowboy
Cowboy
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben Cartwright

Post by girlfromwl »

I joined some Bonanza Boards several years back.. really had no idea what to use as a sign on ID!!!

I picked 'girlfromwl' -- and just stands for Girl from Wolf Lake.. my home town.

--
after joining one board, I was into roll playing with a few now Boomers members and I was named 'Ma' there.. and that too has stuck..

I much prefer to be called either by my real name 'Eva' or by my old roll play name of 'Ma'.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”