Catch up with our members that were there. Ellie's Adventure * & Patina's adventure *
Reader's Choice Returns * Bonanza Ballads *
Winner Fun With Captions * Poetry Portfolios * Prop Fiction *
September Song * Escape to Ponderosa *
Fun With Art * The Coloring Book * Modern Art * Paint Me A Picture
ARTastic ~ Members Portfolio's.
Saturday Sept 21 OPEN CHAT
Looking for volunteers to host a future Saturday Night chat!
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 10491
- Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:03 pm
- Badges: 345
- Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam
- Location: Long Island, NY
Many people believe that buckskin horses have special traits, regardless of the breed they belong to, such as superior endurance, determination, better bones, and an overall strength that surpasses other horses.
5 Fun Facts About Buckskin Horses
1) The buckskin coloring can be found in many different breeds of horses:
The buckskin genes can be found in breeds such as the American Quarter Horse, the mustang, the Morgan, the Tennessee Walking Horse, etc.
2) The largest percentage of buckskins come from a Spanish origin:
The buckskin coloration supposedly originated from the Spanish Sorraia, which would make sense due to the fact that the Spanish were dead set on breeding horses of a golden color during the Middle Ages, later bringing these horses over to America from Spain.
3) Buckskins are known as hard workers:
Buckskins have earned a reputation of being a strong and steady horse due to the fact that their stamina makes them excellent ranch horses, regardless of the breed they belong to.
4) Buckskins have hooves of steel:
Buckskins are known to have sure footing, which makes them an excellent asset in tougher, rocky terrains.
5) Buckskins are often petite in size. The average size of a buckskin, regardless of breed, is between 14.3 and 15 hands; these horses are generally smaller than average.
Proud Member of BHA
Click for Boomer's Calendar
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest